sunnuntai 22. kesäkuuta 2014

Uninternational No Connection- Day

This week me and my friend Iida decided to try, what it'd be like to live one day totally without Internet-connection and mobile phone. To me the challenge was quite big, since on the summer holiday I've gotten used to spending lots of time by watching series online, chatting in Skype and scrolling over news medias. On the other hand, life without phone wasn't that hard since most of the people that contact me regularly were aware of my "one-human-revolution".



On a nutshell my day contained reading, writing, meeting my grandmother in the assisted living building, visiting library and heating up the sauna! I warmed sauna by myself for the first time last weekend, and I STILL feel like a alpha-male because of that :D I bet you all know what sauna is - it's that awkward small, very hot cabin where it is very hard to breathe or think of nothing else but fresh exhaustion!


^ How Japanese see Finnish.

While writing this entry I've been jamming with music, which reminds me about one of the worst things during this challenge - no music with transport! Usually I listen to music almost 23/6, so now that all the music was in the phone (as my loyal MP3-player crashed down last April after a 7-year-companionship), I felt quite... normal and lame because I didn't have my personal "soundtrack" with me. Luckily I had the chance to listen to the music from my PC in the evening, since our challenge didn't forbid the use of computer!

To me this challenge proved, that nowadays a regular, on-going citizen with average social skills and a broad interest towards the changing world etc., blablabla, can deal for one day without Internet if he/she has other things to keep her/himself busy with! I suggest that everyone that reads this post, tries to shut down the mobile phone and Internet just for one day, just to see how will they manage :) you never know, what comes to your mind when you don't spend your every free minute by checking, if someone has poked you on Facebook or sent game request from Candy Crush Saga.

(Greeting from the girl, who found herself reading a book in the sauna for about 45 minutes in the temperature of 80 celsius-degrees :D)

A post from my Midsummer- trip to Kokkola will shortly arrive!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti