tiistai 24. kesäkuuta 2014

Midsummer's Epic Adventure

^That's not the best of my headlines, but let's go with that since every blog need to have a tacky headline at some point. Last week we spent Midsummer on Finland, which is almost as big of an party here as Christmas. For one weekend people will go crazy with barbecue, bonfires and sauna, and spend time with family and friends. Midsummer is probably the only traditional holiday during the summer of Finland.

I spent my Midsummer in Kokkola with my parents & little brother. The place was really nice, and it didn't even matter that we had to drive about five hours to make it to the place, where we had our cottage ! The place that we stayed was Kokkola Camping, quite near the center of the town. Our cabin was a bit of a disappointment since there was only about 35 square foot of space, but luckily most of my co-travelers stayed positive and made my trip a some-sort-of experience :)

But let's go on with the photos!
This was a reeeeally high culmen on our way to Kokkola! The distance between the top and bottom was apprx. 400 meter, and the hill was also really abrupt  to climb up :D

We had some ducks wandering around our cabin almost the entire time! They we're as cute as little kittens.

... and got really close if they found out you had snack with you :D

This door of the grill-cottage looked like a Hobbit-door!

#random_clouds_and_pavement_thingies

#more_random_clouds_and_stuffies

These hobbit trees could be found at our frontyard! It felt so nice to sit beneath them in rainy weather and listen to the sound of raindrops.
 ... But then, a few pictured of our cabin. I think they speak more than I can tell, so just spend a few minutes with these photos and listen, what they have to say.



in the end, me and my little brother acting like the coolest dudes of the universe. #She-Man and the Mistresses of the Universe.

Now I've had a few days to recover from the trip, and I'll be heading back to work - but not for more than three days, and then my job will end and summer-holiday will begin for the fullest!
What did you people you at your Midsummer? :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti